The NYS Pesticide Product, Ingredient and Manufacturer System will no longer be updated with current product registration data as of August 15, 2016. To access current product registration information, please use the NYSPAD system on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's web site.
The NYS Pesticide Product, Ingredient and Manufacturer System (PIMS) databases are designed to aid the user in searching for pesticide product information as supplied to the Pesticide Management Education Program (PMEP) by the New York State Pesticide Product Registration Section within the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC).
On This Page
NYS PIMS Products Database
The PIMS Products Database contains information for pesticide products currently or previously registered in New York State with NYSDEC. (See also Special/Pending Registrations below for additional products.) Select a report:
- EPA Registration Number
- Find products by their EPA Registration Number.
- Product/Label Name
- Find products by their label name, trade name, brand name, or a portion thereof. There are often many different names and name variations for the same product.
- Active Ingredient
- There are two searches on this page. The first returns active ingredient codes based on (partial) ingredient name or ingredient synonyms for a given code. The second returns products containing an active ingredient specified by code number, and optionally restricted by product use or type.
- Company / Distributor / Payor
- Searching by Company Number (the first component of the EPA Registration Number) provides a list of those products that are registered or were previously registered with the EPA and New York State and manufactured by a particular company. Searching by Distributor Number (the third component, if present, of the EPA Registration Number) provides a list of those products distributed by a company. Searching by Payor Number provides a list of all products for which a company has paid the NYS registration fee.
- Custom Search
- Search the product database using a variety of criteria.
- Special Registrations
- “Special Registrations” include:
- Special Local Need Products (SLNs)
Special Local Needs
“Special Local Need” registrations are issued by the DEC, per FIFRA (Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act), for the following purposes:
- To meet an existing or imminent pest problem within New York
State for which the Department has determined that an appropriate
pesticide product is not sufficiently available which is registered
by the USEPA and the Department
- To allow for the limited registration and use of a product for which the full federally labeled use would result in unacceptable impacts to human health or the environment.
- To meet an existing or imminent pest problem within New York State for which the Department has determined that an appropriate pesticide product is not sufficiently available which is registered by the USEPA and the Department
- Experimental Use Products (EUPs)
Experimental Use Products
All experimental use products (EUPs) whose use is authorized by an experimental use permit issued by the EPA or required to be issued by the EPA. Also experimental products not requiring the issuance of a Federal experimental use permit under EPA criteria specified in federal requlations.
- 2(ee) Recommendations
- NYS Emergency Exemptions (FIFRA Section 18s)
- Pending New Active Ingredients (NAI) and Major Change in Labeling (MCL)
- Special Local Need Products (SLNs)
NYS PIRS - Public
- NYS PIRS — Public
- Provides state-by-state access to pesticide products that are currently registered with the Environmental Protection Agency. (Note: this is an external site.)
Download NYS PIMS Data
- Download NYS PIMS Data
- Download delimited files containing NYS PIMS Current and Archive product information. (ZIP File ~8MB)